Effective Date: Jul 3, 2020
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Relinx website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
Relinx values the privacy of our users and makes all commercially reasonable efforts to protect it. This document covers the collection, use and disclosure of personal information that may be collected any time you interact with Relinx, such as when you visit our web site, use or purchase our products and services, or communicate with Relinx employees. Please read the following to learn more about what information we collect, what we do with that information, and how we may use your personal information.
Information Collection and Use
The primary reason that we collect certain personal information is to provide the best possible level of customer service. It enables us to deliver product announcements, software updates and special offers as well as provide convenient and personalized user access and improve the features and usability of our products. Unregistered users may still be able to use certain Relinx web sites and services, in which case no personal information is collected.
Relinx may collect information and use it for internal business purposes in a number of situations, for example:
- Personal information such as name, e-mail address, link to avatar image, and contact preferences;
- Demographic information such as your occupation and where you use your computer and devices mobile to improve our understanding of our customer needs;
- Tracking information about your visit from the browser or Relinx application on your computer or mobile device, including IP address, cookies and the pages request you to analyze trends, administer the site, track your navigation of the site, deliver relevant advertisements and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use (note that IP addresses are not linked to "personally identifiable information"); and
- Aggregate information from multiple users without personally identifying individuals, such as geographic region, which we may share with our partners business to improve understanding of customer needs and provide relevant services.
You may elect to terminate your participation in the services at any time and/or delete information and material you have entered in Relinx. If you cancel your account, or delete any Relinx content, it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the service, but there may continue to be residual copies of such information due to the nature of the computer system’s operation and ongoing data backup and archiving.
Information disclosure to third parties
- We have your explicit consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to fulfill your product or service request;
- We have a good faith belief that sharing or otherwise permitting access, disclosure, use or preservation of such information is reasonably necessary in order to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; or
- We believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons or property.
We will notify users of government requests for their data, unless legally barred from doing so.
You can configure your browser to accept cookies, reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is being used. However, if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use Relinx products or services that require you to sign in or take advantage of all the features of Relinx.
Relinx may allow third party business partners that display advertisements on some of our web pages to maintain their own cookies on your computer. These business partners do not have access to Relinx’s cookies and their use is subject to their own privacy policies.
You own the data you put into Relinx. By putting your information into Relinx, you do not grant Relinx any special rights with regard to that information.
Relinx is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. Data transmissions for Relinx users are protected by SSL encryption by default, the same technology used by thousands of leading online services such as banks, email providers and remote backup services. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result we cannot give a 100% guarantee of the security of information you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems:
- Your data is encrypted at rest in our database and in all backups we create.
- Your Relinx password is protected by encryption and only you have access to it;
- Your personal information and data stored in our systems is protected by various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
- As a rule, Relinx employees do not monitor or view your personal information or content stored in the Relinx service, but it may be viewed if we learn that our Terms of Service may have been violated and confirmation is required, or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it; and
- The Relinx service uses standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
If Relinx learns of a security system breach we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the e-mail address that you supplied during registration or posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing. To request written notice of any security breach in writing, please send an e-mail with your request and mailing address to admin AT relinx.io.
Relinx complies with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which requires us to inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use and disclose personal information from children under 13 years of age.
Relinx is not currently directed to children. We will not knowingly collect personal information relating to children under 13 years of age, and if we learn that we have inadvertently done so, we will promptly delete it.
Personal information collected on this web site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Relinx maintains facilities, and by using this web site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Changes and Updates
If Relinx should ever sell its assets, merge with another entity or file for bankruptcy, information collected from this web site and in the operation of the services may be transferred as assets of Relinx.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.